Sunday, November 13, 2005

NFL Programming Genius...

Nice one o'clock games in the greater DC area today...on CBS we have the Ravens/Jags (the venerable Don Criqui and Steve Beurlein calling), and on Fox we have the Vikes/Giants. Maybe Sundays are for bowling, as suggested by ESPN...is Dick Weber still around?

As usual, my fantasy team is in trouble. After losing last week by a mere .5 points (thanks Peyton Manning...big foreheaded loser), I am in danger of scoring fewer points than the Texans. I mean, seriously, I'm relegated to starting Brandon Jacobs as my #2 RB. Shudder.

Well, I wasn't too far off on my predictions yesterday. Picked all the winners except for the UGA/Auburn game. Too bad I didn't pick the same outcomes for my office pool. So now it seems that PSU has to beat Sparty for no worse than a share of the Big Ten title. The Bucks and the Wolverines are the only others that have a shot at it. Sounds like the type of finale that the Big Ten dreamed of when it accepted Penn State in 1993.

Nice to see Larry Johnson get his turn (no offense, Mr Holmes, and I hope you have a speedy recovery). Would be outstanding to have LJ make people forget about the Thomas', Doziers, and Enis' of the world.

Went to Arlington National Cemetary for the Veteran's Day ceremony. What a powerful place to be. But, on a day of solemn thanks and such, stupid people still emerge from the woodworks. I am still trying to figure out why some folks would think it appropriate to walk through the gravestones, haphazardly kicking rocks, leaves, dirt, etc. On perhaps our nation's most hallowed grounds, people still find a way to be inconsiderate. And, if you must know, I did "correct" a couple of violators, though I'm not sure they thought they were doing anything wrong. Unbelievable.

Big week coming up...

For the Glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home